Sunday, January 8, 2012

January optimism

Last year, in a fit of enthusiasm, I made my new year optimism a widely known affair. I mailed my list of retrospectively overambitious resolutions to a number of friends. And I could just do one, out of the long list of things. No, I don't fear ridicule, but I do feel stupid.

This year, I am only doing what is fair, posting on my anonymous blog so that it serves as a reminder to self without the public acknowledgement. So, apart from a massive amount of discipline, I also need to:

-Start driving.
-Write about the books I read.
-Save.
-Gather enough courage to quit my job and not regret it immensely.
-Travel to Shillong and Pondicherry apart from the travels which will happen due to various friends getting married.
-Strike a balance between being impulsive and wise.
-And not be afraid to add to the list.

I know this falls into the category of generic new year post (although delayed), but I lost the pretensions of creativity long back. Now this is just a log.

Until later.

P.S. I have read When You Reach Me, and Purple Hibiscus this month already, will you please rebuke me if I don't write about them soon?

P.P.S. Watched Dakota Skye right now. It makes me want to make choices I am not sure I require for real. So, I will do the brave thing and not think about it anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment